Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hi guys - thank you again for your continued support for me and the entire pastoral and elder teams through prayer and encouragement. I count it as a genuine privilege to be prayed for by you and to serve in the capacity that God allows me to serve in.

Sunday afternoon, Sharon and I had the pleasure of speaking at The Master's Class Valentine Luncheon at Wolf Mountain. Hanging out with our senior saints was awesome, but what I really enjoyed was the 3 hours or so Sharon and spent in the car together to and fro Wolf Mountain. I know I am biased, but God has blessed me with an amazing wife! She is wise, compassionate and loving. I love her! I can honest say I belong to the "men who married up" club.

I want to encourage you men, if married, to make the time to spend ALONE with your wife. I want to encourage you to pray with your wife everyday. I want to encourage you to love your wife unconditionally (you know, like God loves us!). It's not a matter if you can or can't it;s a matter of if you will or won't. Want more intimacy in your marriage? Spend alone time with your wife, pray together and read God's word together and God will bless your socks off!

This week I would appreciate you praying for me in the following ways:
1) First, I praise God that I did better on the ministry/family balance and boundaries this past week. I had to say no to some things but it was definitely worth it.
2) My family is in Southern California this week, please pray for their safety as they travel today and Friday. You might want to pray that I remember to feed Chloe's fish.
3) Ministry wise, this has been an interesting time to say the least. Please pray for continued strength and wisdom as I prepare to lead The Stirring (along with Jasen), for Jim Flanagan' service and Sunday's messages.

I want to strongly encourage you to join me at The Stirring Thursday night at 6:30. I also want to ask that you invite someone to join you. In this season at Arcade, it is critical that we gather to pray and worship together.

Blessings to you,
Pastor Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment